- Nominal Zener Voltage (VZ): 12V
- Power dissipation (PZ): 1300mW (practically 500mW)
- Zener regulator current (IZm): 380mA
1N4742A 12V 1 watt Zener diodes pack of 20pcs
A semiconductor element called a Zener diode allows current to flow both forward and backward. Clipper circuits, surge protectors, reference components, voltage regulation, and switching applications all make use of zener diodes. When a precise reverse voltage, also known as the Zener voltage, is provided, a Zener diode is a special type of diode designed to consistently allow current to flow "backward." The diode's breakdown voltage and the load voltage are the same. By reducing the surplus voltage, the series resistor restricts the current that passes through the diode when it is conducting. In order to safeguard or modify the AC waveform, the clipping circuits limit a portion of the waveform. These circuits are frequently seen in TV and FM transmitters to lessen interference. This Zener diode is shielded against high-current damage. This resistor aids in protecting the diode from being damaged by excessive current.
- This is the pack of 20 pieces of 1N4742A 12V 1 watt Zener diode.
- Used in Voltage protection circuits
- Used as a low current voltage regulator
- Input voltage protection for Microcontrollers or other IC’s
- Voltage stabilizing circuits